Welcome. This poster, which hangs just inside the doors into the Church on the door into my office, is a touchstone for me – a reminder of what this community, this realm of God that we are to be about creating is to look like.
We are all related.
Everyone makes a difference.
Celebrate Community (Honour Diversity).
Only Love Makes A Family.
Everything Is Connected.
As you return to fall routines. As you arrive in this new community to learn and grow. As you embrace change or face challenges in your living – know that you are welcome. Know that your presence in the midst of this community matters and makes a difference!
- Thursday September 6th: 6PM Executive Committee Grounding Meeting.
- Friday September 7th: 3:30PM Pastoral Charge Worship and Sanctuary Committee Meeting at Sackville United Church.
- Sunday September 9th: Welcome Back! A medley of the theme songs from Welcome Back Kotter and Cheers… and we begin a four part series on the parables of Jesus exploring the story of the seeds and soil.
- Tuesday September 11th @ 8PM: First Contact on APTN. Join others at the Church and watch the first episode of this documentary. First Contact takes six average Canadians, all with strong opinions about Indigenous People, on a unique 28-day journey into Indigenous Canada. Leaving their everyday lives behind the six will travel deep into Winnipeg, Nunavut, Alberta, Northern Ontario, and the coast of BC to visit Indigenous communities. The group will decide at the end of the evening if they wish to meet again on Wednesday and Thursday to watch the final two episodes together.
- Wednesday September 12th: The Steering Committee for the Campus/Community Social Justice Liaison project will meet to consider applications.
- Sunday September 16th: Janice MacLean and Lloyd are switching pulpits this Sunday so that Lloyd can Chair a congregational meeting in Moncton. Janice will continue with the exploration of Jesus’ parables as she reflects on the parable of the mustard seed.
- Wednesday September 19th @ 10AM: Regular Meeting of Chignecto Presbytery at St. Paul’s United Church in Riverview. If you’d like to come along and learn more of the work of the larger Church speak to Lloyd.
- Wednesday September 19th @ 6:30PM: Sackville United Church Executive Committee Business Meeting.
- Friday September 21st: World Gratitude Day… seem suitable for the Sunday morning group as they explore Diana Butler Bass’s book: Gratitude.
- Sunday September 23rd: Lloyd will continue the parable series and explore the idea of the realm of God as yeast that leavens bread.
- Friday September 28th: Mount Allison/Sackville Pride Parade!
- Sunday September 30th: Lloyd will attempt to break open the parable of the ‘pearl of great price’ at both gatherings and Sackville United Church will hold its celebration to mark its designation as an Affirming Ministry of the United Church of Canada.