The Executive of the Congregation for SUC is continuing a process of regular updates of its actions in the effort to be as transparent and accountable to the congregation as possible.
Here are motions from the September 19th Executive Meeting:
- Eric Tusz-King moved the approval of the (1c) recommendation for P&M to overspend the budget to repair the roof (see P&M report 1a & 1b) seconded by Elsie MacDonald. Motion carried. The Executive recommended that the Service agreement in 1e be revisited, try a twice-yearly preventative maintenance contract.
- Eric Tusz-King moved the acceptance of the June 25, 2018 minutes as circulated. Elsie MacDonald seconded. Motion carried.
- Elsie MacDonald moved that the Executive direct Eric Tusz-King to establish an agreement with Visions United Church to serve as financial examiners for each other’s books. Lois Hicks seconded. Motion carried.
Other points of interest include:
- Reports received on this summer’s GO Project and current Social Justice Liason initiative
- Discussion of the October 28 visioning service planning
- Discussion of the continuing development of the Safe Space for Teens group