October 7 Update: 21 out of our 28 windows have been replaced! The sanctuary is now complete, so all activities held there can resume, including Open Sky Coffee hour this coming Wednesday, October 9 at 10am.
The windows on the North side of the building, including the church office, are continuing to be replaced throughout the week. Jennie will continue to work from home on Monday and will be back in the building on Wednesday, if not the office.
Groups meeting upstairs on Tuesday and Wednesday should make alternate plans for October 8 & 9.
This week we begin the first phase of our Green Energy Retrofit, which will significantly reduce our carbon footprint. Window installation will begin on Tuesday, October 1 and proceed for approximately 8 days. Priority will be given to the sanctuary with the goal of being able to hold our regular Sunday service there at 11am on Sunday, October 6.
As a result of this installation, there will be some necessary relocation/cancellation of certain events scheduled throughout the week:
- Senior’s Wellness Day, scheduled for Tuesday Oct 1 from 9:30am-3:00pm has been moved to the Sackville Commons (64 Main St)
- AA meetings will either be held at the Sackville Memorial Hospital on Thursday Oct 3 and Monday Oct 7, or participants will be encouraged to attend another meeting in the area (Moncton, Springhill, etc). Meetings will resume at Sackville United either Thursday Oct 10 or Monday Oct 14
- Girl Guides, scheduled for Tuesday Oct 1 and Tuesday Oct 8, will relocate or cancel TBA
- Meditation Group, scheduled for Wednesday Oct 2 and Wednesday Oct 9, will relocate or cancel TBA
- Queer Room, scheduled for Monday Sept 30 and Monday Oct 7 will proceed as scheduled
- Sunday Services will proceed in the Sanctuary at 11am on Sunday Oct 6 unless otherwise indicated
- Harold’s Sunday Night Jam will be cancelled for Sunday Oct 6
- Church Offices are anticipated to be closed for the duration of the installation. Jennie and Lloyd will work from home unless otherwise indicated
We apologize for the short notice, but hope you are as excited as we are about this important step towards reducing our carbon footprint!